Access to information: the right to ask, the right to know
Access to information ist the right of the individual to gain access to information held by the public authorities. This activity familiarizes participants with the platform “AsktheEU” and raises awarness of the human rights.
- Raising awareness among youth so they learn they have a right of access to information.
- Learning what is the right of access to information, existing both in their countries and in the EU.
- Discovering the platform AsktheEU.org.
- Learning how to submit an access to information request on AsktheEU.org.
Democracy Skills Addressed
- Research Skills – transparency & access to information
- Awareness on rights
- Awareness on human rights
- Knowledge on Political Systems & Participation Methods
Timeframe: between one and two hours
Number of participants